We live in a people driven economy: Social media has changed how customers connect with companies, how companies deliver results based on users' needs & how users interact with each other.
During 2010 the number of Gen Y'ers outnumbered baby boomers for the first time - and 96% of them state that they have joined a social network. Customer's habits have changed drastically with the advent of the social web - they can provide feedback about your business in moments and broadcast that feedback easily to hundreds (or thousands) of your customers. Customers actively look for social media recommendations when making purchasing decisions.
Customers now expect you to actively engage with them online - instead of just sell to them if they walk in your door. Don't, and trends show that they are likely to go elsewhere. With all this in mind, how can you afford not to invest in social media marketing?
Effective social media marketing campaigns provide unprecedented opportunities for businesses of any size and industry to grow sales, encourage word of mouth and to understand and engage with your customers.
You'd be crazy not to
Still not sure that social media marketing is for you?
- Social media marketing is one of the most effective tools for building brand awareness, creating appeal, generating traffic, and increasing sales
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands
- 80% of Twitter usage is outside of Twitter. People update anywhere, anytime - imagine what that means for bad customer experiences?
- Generation Y and Z consider e-mail passé. In 2009 Boston College stopped distributing e-mail addresses to incoming freshmen
- 24 of the 25 largest newspapers are experiencing record declines in circulation because we no longer search for the news, the news finds us
- We search less and less for products and services - they can find us via social media
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is increasingly older people. In 2010 it was 55-65 year-old females
Its not just about your Facebook business page
Successful companies in social media act more like Dale Carnegie and less like David Ogilvy. In short - listen first, sell second. Social media marketing is not about throwing up a Facebook page and constantly reminding people you have a sale running. Effective social media marketing is about crafting targeted campaigns with specific goals and objectives to achieve using dozens of platforms and text, images, video and more - across LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and more!
At Clever Mutt we can elevate your social media marketing activities above those of your competitors.